Did You Know This About Solomon’s Seal?
Solomon’s seal is an edible and medicinal herb. Here are 5 unexpected attributes about Solomon’s seal that you may not have known before.
Did you know that:
- It can also be used to aid postpartum recovery and menstrual cramps.
- It is particularly effective for treating conditions associated with dryness.
- It can also be used to effectively treat dry coughs, chronic respiratory ailments, and digestive issues.
- While Solomon’s seal is considered safe to use, parts of the plant are poisonous. The roots and tender shoots are safe to eat; the rest of the plant, especially the berries, are poisonous.
- In TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine), among its other attributes, it is considered useful for Nourishing the Lungs and Tonfiying the Kidneys.
Find out more about this culinary and healing herb, Solomon’s Seal (Yu Zhu).