Cayenne is famous as a hot spicy herb. It has many attributes as a culinary and medicinal herb. Remember, a little goes a long way! A dash is typically all you need.
Here’s a sample of a few of its benefits:
- Cayenne is considered a tonic for the heart, kidneys, lungs, pancreas, spleen, and stomach, it is also said to increase fertility and delay senility.
- Some recommend placing cayenne inside the nose to relieve hay fever, migraine headaches, and sinus infections.
- Cayenne peppers are high in vitamins A, Bs, C, and E, as well as potassium and magnesium.
- Cayenne stimulates the flow of stomach secretions and saliva.
- While India is the largest producer and exporter of cayenne, the pepper is native to French Guiana, which borders Brazil to the east and south.
Find out more about cayenne and how to use it.